Hoteliers and guests alike are using technology to make interactions easier, faster, and more pleasant. Traditional ways have become time-consuming and inefficient for the hotel industry.
Whereas the modern conversion has reached successful heights. From Siri-powered digital concierge services to Amazon Alexa-enabled room service. The hotel industry is embracing AI (Artificial Intelligence) and chatbot technology at a rapid pace.
In a recent survey of almost 1,000 people in the hotel industry, we found that nearly half (49 percent) said they were considering or have already implemented AI-infused technology into their business. Of those who said they are using it (38 percent), only 11 percent said they do so for automating tasks.
Which AI Technology is Used in Hotel Industry Today?
Here are some of the ways that AI and chatbot technology are being used in the hotel industry today:
- Automating tasks: AI can be used to automate a variety of functions, such as booking reservations, answering questions, and providing recommendations. This frees up hotel staff to focus on providing more personalized service to guests.
- Personalizing the guest experience: AI can be used to collect data about guests’ preferences and past experiences, and then use this data to personalize their stay.
- Streamlining operations: AI can be used to streamline a variety of hotel operations, such as check-in and check-out, housekeeping, and inventory management. This can lead to improved efficiency and productivity, which can save hotels money.
- Improving guest satisfaction: AI can be used to improve guest satisfaction in a number of ways. For example, AI-powered chatbots can provide 24/7 customer support, and AI-powered recommendations can help guests find the perfect hotel or vacation rental.
What are the Futuristic AI Possibilities for Hotel Industry?
As AI technology continues to evolve, it is likely that we will see even more innovative ways for hotels to use AI to improve their operations.
Some of the future possibilities for AI in the hotel industry include:
- AI-powered virtual assistants: AI-powered virtual assistants can understand natural language and respond to guest requests in a natural way.
- AI-powered predictive analytics: AI-powered predictive analytics can help hotels forecast demand, optimize pricing, and personalize marketing campaigns.
- AI-powered robots: AI-powered robots can perform a variety of tasks, such as delivering room service, cleaning rooms, and providing customer service.
The future of AI in the hotel industry is bright. As AI technology evolves, hotels embracing AI will be well-positioned to succeed in the increasingly competitive hospitality industry.